Saturday, May 28, 2005

Whoa--there is not a cloud in the sky. What happened? It's so weird to have sunlight dappling my desk. I'm not sure I know how to cope with it.

I'm so disappointed I can't renew Against Depression by Peter D. Kramer. It's full of startling revelations; I thought I was fairly well updated on new developments in depression research depression, but clearly I was not. I did know about the fact that chronic depression shrinks the hippocampus in the brain, but I was not aware of all the dire ramifications. Dire, from the point of view of a person who wants to keep their brain functioning well into their seventies, that is. I urgently recommend it to anyone who has had more than one depressive episode in their lifetime. I'm determined to finish the book before I return it, that's for sure. Check out the link for the NPR interview with Kramer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home