Friday, March 11, 2005

Yay! I'm wireless! I'm now sitting on the couch in the family room with
Sophie, who is disgusted with me that I have this laptop on my lap and fingers flying across the keyboard that are not stroking her fur. Sorry, Sophabug!

I had some terrific news: My book, Women During the Civil War: An Encyclopedia, was recently named a Choice (magazine) "Outstanding Academic Title of 2004." It's strange that I heard about this from an employer rather than my publisher, especially considering I spoke with my former editor there just two weeks ago. Anyway, I'm walking on air just now, which anyone who has spent five years laboring on a book can appreciate.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Buy books to celebrate!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow on both counts! Enjoy the wireless, I'm sure your blogging will go up. Congratulations on the recognition for your book!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home