Tuesday, February 08, 2005

This is an experiment. Am I capable of blogging after trying to learn Word 2002's "Template and Add-Ins" and stylesheet functions? I've never had to do this before, and I feel rather insane at the moment.
Okay! Deep breath.

Don't miss Jessa Crispin's (Blog of a Bookslut) diary in the Guardian, which describes a typical, fascinating week in the life.

And, in book news, I wasn't aware that Erin Hart, author of Haunted Ground, a book I loved, published another in September. Lake of Sorrows brings back American forensic psychologist Nora Gavin and Irish archaeologist Cormac Maguire, the two main characters in Haunted Ground, Erin Hart's debut. That title is richly atmospheric, suspenseful, and full of Irish history and mythology. If you wish you could take a trip to Ireland, this book will do it for you. I read it on vacation and it was the perfect pleasure read. I was transported.

I'm concerned about reading Lake of Sorrows, though. I know nothing about it as of this moment. It's just that I love her writing so much that I wished at the end of the last book that she'd write another about an entirely new place. I'm not sure I want a reprise of the same characters and setting, as much as I liked them the first time. I guess I'm definitely not a series reader. Except for the Little House books!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't read it! I, too, loved the "Haunted Ground" and when I read "Lake of Sorrows" we had all the same archetypal characters with nothing new to add to them but pathos.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home