Monday, May 30, 2005

Did I mention I'm reading The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst, winner of the Booker Prize in 2004. I'm now thoroughly into it and am determined to finish before its final due date. At this point, I'm just over 100 pages in and from this viewpoint only, it appears to be a novel about a man's homosexual blossoming. From what I've heard, however, it promises to be much more than that, so I'm hopeful that there's going to be more going on than this one thread.

The emotions of Nick's sexual activities are amazing to me; how else is a heterosexual woman going to get information about what it feels like for a man to love or have sex with a man? It's a topic I've found impossible to broach with the gay guys I've known. How would such a conversation go anyway? Of course, a fictional character's experiences can not be taken as representative of a large group of people, of course. But all the same, every little bit of info helps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a tall teesTee site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home