Tuesday, January 04, 2005

News Flash!
Journalist and publishing maven Sara Nelson, author of the reading memoir So Many Books, So Little Time, has been named editor-in-chief of Publishers Weekly. The news stunned me, mostly because she seems such an unlikely choice. But, after thinking about her long career in publishing, it appears more plausible. After all, she knows every editor in every New York publishing house. And she's had her ear to the publishing ground for more than 20 years. So maybe this will be a great change in leadership for PW.

It's funny--I was in the midst of preparing a blog entry about Citizen Girl and I had Sara Nelson's article on the "naughty nannies" in front of me when I got the news.

I've got to dash, but I'll post more later today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home