Friday, November 12, 2004

The sleet is pouncing on the window by my desk, my tea is getting cold, and I promised I would cook tacos tonight--all are conspiring against bloggerdom this evening.

I was digging the web high and low for recent information about Michel Faber, and failing at that, I finally discovered that The Courage Consort, the three novellas just published by Harcourt to rave reviews, came out years ago in the UK! This is somehow a disappointment, though in no way should it be, I suppose. I should be glad that the US is publishing more of Faber's work. It's just that I've been waiting for the book that will follow his tour de force, The Crimson Petal and the White. I should give the guy a break, though. After all, it was just a year ago that The Crimson Petal was published here. With more time, I'm sure I can scrounge up some really good Michel Faber links. More tomorrow.

In the meantime, I offer the Booksense Best of 2004 Booklist. Though not comprehensive by any means, it is an eclectic collection (both literary and not) of works published during the past year. It always saddens me to realize how many I've missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home