Sunday, November 28, 2004

Yet another working weekend, but this time I'm having fun. Today I was writing about Iceland, a place I'd love to visit. In fact, I've found a package tour for $449--three nights in Reykjavik, three Scandinavian breakfasts, a few tours, and airfare included. (Look under "Special Tours" and click on "Honeymoon Express." I can't do three nights in a decent hotel in New York for that price. The only hitch? It's in February! And I'll also bet they won't let me do it as a single. (Ken says he'll bow out of this lunacy.) But stay tuned in the days to come for the juicier details that have me actually considering it.

I've been meaning to write about the adventures of Clare Morrall, the first-time novelist who was short-listed for the Booker Prize in 2003. Her book, Astonishing Splashes of Color, was published in the U.S. this year. What I find so interesting is the story of her path to publication. It's the "out of nowhere a writer emerges" kind of story, which I love. Even better, Morrall was fifty-one when she published it. As I've noted here before, there's nothing that gets the old blood circulating faster than a late-bloomer success story.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about web site design and hosting You should check it out sometime.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check Out this Site About clean air machine

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

##Http://www.spagack.com/ezGaffurl.php?offer=maidle123&pid=1#### BLog Submitter Pro vSearch##is the coolest thing, the coolest !##Download ## I have seen####Blog Submitter Pro##33Http://. posts to Topical Posts ##Blog Submitter Pro ####Google ## loves it

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fasting can make you look much thinner in only a couple of days. You may not lose a significant amount of weight, but it will look like you have. It can make your waist noticeable thinner and clean up blemishes or skin problems.
Link to this site. walking for weight loss

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lose Weight Now. Fasting, when done peoperly, can be a basoc part of a solid weight loss plan. If done correctly it can ne a great start to your new way of life.
Link to this site. yoga exercise for weight loss

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Your writing is truly exquisite...the simplicity of beauty in its most honest form. I look forward to reading more of your writing. Please feel free to check out my site as well.

Regards,
money home work make at

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home