Saturday, October 23, 2004


The beauty and peace of the Bradley estate, a Trustees of Reservations site that's just up the road from us. (Check out the incredibly beautiful photos of Massachusetts at the Trustees' website.) In the winter, Sophie and I traipse the acres and acres of meadow and wooded trails. We'd like to go in the spring, summer, and fall, but the ticks that cause Lyme disease are swarming here. I could manage it safely, but Sophie, the two times that I've tried to take her in the fall, comes home loaded with the nasty little things. Lyme disease is endemic around these parts, many dogs in the neighborhood have had it, and I certainly don't want Sophie to get it. It has caused permanent lameness in several dogs we know. There is a vaccine, but, according to what I've gleaned from our vet's records, it's only about 50% effective. Not good enough for my standards. So the Bradley estate is off-limits til December.

I have book news to post, which I'll sneak in later today.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jack Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about beauty fitness

10:55 AM  
Blogger Harold Myers said...

Hey, thanks for the cool fitness / gym info. I also have some additional fitness / gym resources at my site.

5:31 PM  
Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty tip. You should check it out sometime.

10:52 AM  
Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about bath beauty. You should check it out sometime.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to read up on the latest info here 24 hr fitness

10:59 PM  
Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about sleeping beauty. You should check it out sometime.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Doniette said...

How would you like to know about a The Walking Store resource, that displays all the The Walking Store information on one website? Check out
The Walking Store today. Not only do they have a good fitness book section, but they also have great articles on fitness. I was really impressed with the resources their webmster put together.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

1:36 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

http://2relico.comdome home and dome home Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on dome home then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about dome home and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2relico.com dome home and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home