Saturday, October 23, 2004


The beauty and peace of the Bradley estate, a Trustees of Reservations site that's just up the road from us. (Check out the incredibly beautiful photos of Massachusetts at the Trustees' website.) In the winter, Sophie and I traipse the acres and acres of meadow and wooded trails. We'd like to go in the spring, summer, and fall, but the ticks that cause Lyme disease are swarming here. I could manage it safely, but Sophie, the two times that I've tried to take her in the fall, comes home loaded with the nasty little things. Lyme disease is endemic around these parts, many dogs in the neighborhood have had it, and I certainly don't want Sophie to get it. It has caused permanent lameness in several dogs we know. There is a vaccine, but, according to what I've gleaned from our vet's records, it's only about 50% effective. Not good enough for my standards. So the Bradley estate is off-limits til December.

I have book news to post, which I'll sneak in later today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home