Sunday, October 17, 2004

Rain or dark clouds have spoiled the peak foliage moments in every single area of my habitat this year. The view from my bedroom window has not peaked on a sunny day for the past three years. This pic from last year, despite the lack of sun, gives a hint of what the color can be like.


Chris Bohjalian is in town this week, talking about his latest book, Before You Know Kindness. Although I wouldn't describe myself as a bona fide fan of his, I think he's a great novelist and have enjoyed his books. What I appreciate most is his sympathy for all of his characters, regardless of their circumstances. I also love the way he creates a scene. He's a master with dialogue, and he always paints the setting with just enough detail to produce rich images. Bohjalian also writes a thought-provoking weekly column for the Burlington Free Press. The link will bring you to the column's archives.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the view from your room? It is lovely and I am jealous. Autumn is my favorite time of year but here in Louisiana we never experience it.
Amanda
www.clothesknit.com

7:14 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Yes, this is my bedroom view. It looks out over the marsh toward the northwest. It's a beautiful sight in all seasons, although quite dreary on rainy days.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home