Sunday, October 10, 2004


The marsh has been at peak foliage this weekend, but the sun has been behind clouds most of the time, ruining the choicest photo opps. Since I spent much of the day clearing away clutter and mastering other minor home improvements, I had no time to read. I did hear about Kay Redfield Jamison's new book, Exuberance:The Passion for Life, which I'm eager to get a hold of. Her books about the brain and the physiological component of the emotional world fascinate me. I loved An Unquiet Mind, her book about bipolar disorder, which is part memoir, part straight nonfiction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I found you via the puppyknits webring.... surely Blogger isn't going to start CHARGING after we all are getting to know each other?!! I agree about Kay Redfield Jamison. Didn't realize she had a new one out. I just discovered Hiaasen and am looking forward to reading through the backlogue. Judy Blume is terrifically honest with her readers. She's NOT literary a la Tamora Pierce or Pinkwater or Sendak or Bunting... but she constructs a great story that MATTERS to teens. Happy knitting. and reading. I'm going to have to start listening to books on tape so that I can "read" and knit at the same time.

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home