Friday, July 29, 2005

Tracy Kidder has a new book coming in the next month or so, just in time for the birthday of one of his fans. I'm always perplexed when it comes time for Ken's birthday. As he puts it, "I have everything that I want that's under $3000." Ken is not usually a fan of nonfiction, but he's been a devote of Kidder from the time he read his first book. Kidder's newest, My Detachment: A Memoir, should be available before we leave for the Adirondacks in September. It's the story of Kidder's experiences as an army lieutenant in Vietnam. Based on the buzz I've heard, it will make a big splash.

My triumph of the day is that I managed singlehandedly to do everything necessary to download the podcasts of several programs into my Zen Micro mp3 player. Considering that I am usually a klutz at all things technical and the fact that this was not a simple process, I am astonished. Now I can listen to NPR's Science Friday and several other shows while walking the Sophabug. For those who have been tempted to dabble in podcasts, I used the free Ipodder software that's currently available. It interfaced with the Zen Micro software just fine. There's a podcasting explosion right now and it's fun to be in on it.

Tomorrow we have lots of fun stuff lined up, partly to distract me from the minor surgery I have coming on Monday. I am so not looking forward. For day surgery, it's going to be a lengthy procedure--well over an hour. Of course, I'll be totally out of it. And, yes, of course, I have a bunch of books lined up for the recovery!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well, Judith, and that your recuperation is quite literary.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home