Monday, May 31, 2004

Life's little upheavals have spirited me away from blogging. Ken is leaving his job of twenty years to devote his full attention to a business he's developed over the past eight years or so. It's a scary time; will we have enough money to see us over the initial period of building the business? Will I be successful in expanding my business to the point that it can help us get along? Preparation for meetings with financial people have consumed me of late. With work to do on top of that, I've been straight out.

To calm myself, I have been reading in the evenings. I finished Into the Wild and was fascinated by the theory Jon Krakauer advanced for Chris McCandless's succumbing to starvation in the final weeks of his life. I don't have my copy of the book handy, or I would record the name of the plant McCandless may have eaten. It's certainly plausible, given the final notes recorded in his journal. An absorbing read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home