Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Last night's walk with Sophie was wondrous. The full moon cast a bluish light on the snow and all the trees draped in white. It was cold, I suppose, but I didn't feel it because there was no wind. It would've been a perfect night for skiing, so why haven't I skiied? This storm was so much more than I'd bargained for--that's why.

I spent all of yesterday morning digging out my car--the dogmobile. Fortunately Ken felt strong enough to help. The huge chunks of ice, deposited by the town snowplow, made the going rough.

This all wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the fact that I am living in the state of Overwhelm right now. Huge issues are facing us at the moment, not the least of which is the downsizing at Ken's workplace. Ken's former boss, a loyal, hardworking manager, with 30 years of dedication to the company behind him, was forced to take a buyout last week. He is 54 years old. Ken's position is oh so vulnerable that we are just waiting for the ax to fall. We have a back-up plan. It's fortunate that Ken has had a small business on the side for over seven years now, solving private clients' problems with their PCs. We plan to expand the business when the day comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home