Monday, December 01, 2003

The newly expanded and renovated Canton Library was officially reopened today at 1 p.m. and I was there, eager to see if I could pounce on any of the new books I've been waiting to sample. But alas, it seems they don't have the new books acquired over the last two months on the shelves yet, so I ended up picking up a couple that looked intriguing but are not on my list. It's not as if I don't have enough to read. I have Reunion by Alan Lightman as I mentioned yesterday and several others languishing on my bedroom bookshelf.

There is something so intoxicating about walking into a library. I am becoming more obsessed than the average addict. I can't drive by one of "my" libraries without poking through the "New Book" shelves to see what might have turned up. I borrow many more than I can ever consume. I pick up one, then another, and feel as though I am taking a deep breath and inhaling them!
img src="http://redwingmarsh.blogspot.com/031116_P0004572a.jpg"

I believe I have said this before, but the new library is exquisite. I became very worried how it would turn out after inspecting the town of Wellesley's new library. The latter lacks charm, warmth, and beauty--all qualities its old library had in full measure. So when I walked through all the new rooms in the Canton Library, I was overwhelmed with excitement over the design. Each room offers a unique experience and is, okay, to reuse a tired word, beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home