Thursday, January 01, 2004

What Were the Best Books You Read This Year?

Vote for Your Favorites By 9p.m. January 1! (Deadline extended because Blogger was down on the 31st for several hours)

Scroll Down to the first post of December 28 to Enter Your Titles


While walking Sophie yesterday morning, I reluctantly permitted myself to ruminate on a New Year's resolution. I didn't focus my mind to the task in a solemn frame of mind; rather, I opened myself to whatever random thoughts were stimulated by the mere idea of a resolution. "Spend less time blogging," was the immediate response of an inner voice.

As I summoned the will to reflect calmly on this notion, I acknowledged that come Friday (or maybe Monday, if I procrastinate to the day Ken finally returns to work) I must stick to my work schedule if I am to make progress on the projects on my plate now--the projects that I chose, that I want very much to pursue. I could never shelve the blogging, but probably ought to set a fixed amount of time each day to blog and stick to it.

By the way, wouldn't it be great to have a bumper sticker that reads, "I'd rather be blogging?" I really want one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home